A New HOPE Call for Participation
Tips for Submission
A New HOPE will take place at St. John's University in Queens, New York City from July 22nd through July 24th, 2022. Submissions are now open for speakers, workshops, and more.
We encourage you to give workshops on a wide variety of diverse topics at A New HOPE!
Workshops at past HOPE conferences include: electronics workshops, coding workshops, how to submit FOIA (Freedom of Information) requests, hacking wi-fi routers, making tea, dealing with Covid, improving education, and much more.
Call for Workshops: Workshops bring an interactive experience to HOPE (hands-on learning, building, hacking, or other skills) on a wide range of topics. Whether basic or advanced, large or small, workshops are a key part of the HOPE experience.
Workshops can occur in small or large classrooms (with projector, sound system, and AC outlets), or in a large open area (with projector, sound system, soldering irons and other tools, and AC outlets).
Email your workshop proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the following in your proposal:
- title and abstract
- a brief bio
- how long is your workshop?
- how long do you need for setting up before and cleaning up after your workshop?
- Will you be providing workshop materials for participants? If so, what is the cost for participants for the materials?
- could you give your workshop more than once during A New HOPE?
- what kind of space do you prefer? Large (50 people) open area (with tables
- and tools), small classroom (20 individual desks), or large classroom (30
- individual desks)
- do you need a projector?
- do you need amplified sound?
- AC power requirements
- do you need any tools (some of which we may be able to provide)?
- prerequisites (if any) for attendees
- anything attendees need to bring (or download beforehand)
- do you need anything special?
All submissions will receive an automated response.